Here are the 10 best legal moonshine brands in the United States.
- Buffalo Trace White Dog Mash #1.
- Bill Elliott’s Moonshine.
- Stillhouse Clear Corn Whiskey.
- Troy & Sons Platinum.
- Junior Johnson’s Midnight Moon.
- Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine.
- Tim Smith’s Climax Moonshine.
- Hudson New York Corn Whiskey.
What is the strongest moonshine?
Here are 10 of the world’s strongest drinks straight out of hell.
- Spirytus Rektyfikowany (96% Alcohol)
- Everclear (95% Alcohol)
- Bruichladdich X4+1 Quadrupled whisky (92% Alcohol)
- Pincer Vodka (88.8% Alcohol)
- Balkan (176-88% Alcohol )
- Good ol’ Sailor Vodka (85% Alcohol)
- Sunset Rum (84% Alcohol)
What should moonshine taste like?
“The O.G. of moonshine. Has a rubbing alcohol taste.” “Tastes oddly like vodka and not very strong.” 80 proof, distilled from corn “A very savory flavor, like actual corn.”
Can you buy moonshine legally?
However, be advised it is illegal to distill alcohol without having either a “distilled spirits permit” or a “federal fuel alcohol permit.” It does not matter if the alcohol is for personal use only, not for sale, etc. A common misconception is that only stills 1 gallon and smaller are legal.
Is legal moonshine real moonshine?
In recent years, however, moonshine has been legalized in various countries and has become a commercial product. Legal in the United States since 2010, moonshine is defined as “clear, unaged whiskey”, typically made with corn mash as its main ingredient.
What is the highest proof legal moonshine?
151 and Up: The Highest Proof Liquor
- #6 Bacardi 151 — 151 Proof. The well-known Puerto Rican brand of rum, Bacardi, sells a 151-proof bottle that is 75.5 percent alcohol.
- #5 Balkan Vodka — 176 Proof.
- #4 Hapsburg Gold Label Premium Reserve Absinthe — 179 Proof.
- #3 Bruichladdich X4 Quadrupled Whisky — 184 Proof.
- #2 Everclear — 190 Proof.
- #1 Spirytus — 192 Proof.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”